The Consular office is open for passport applications and collections from Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 12.45pm
Note: Passport applicants are required to state the new names of their places of birth according to the current administrative structure. Please find below the official gazette with organic law determining the administrative entities of the Republic of Rwanda.
Names of sectors and districts in Rwanda.pdf
Passport Application Requirements
- Submission of duly completed passport application form (pdf) for new and renewal passport application. click here to download diaspora passport application form.pdf
- A typed application letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration in Rwanda through the High Commission of Rwanda in London. For parents applying for their child must both sign the letter and provide their child’s birth certificate, copies of passports, marriage certificate or proof of sole responsibility for a child for a single parent.
- Submission of photocopies of the following; resident permit or passport if applicant is a national of the country in which she/he is applying from, Rwanda National Identity card, a birth certificate and consular card.
- Submission of two photographs with a white background and both ears in view.
- Fee - £65(Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) for New/Renewal passport application.
- Please note there is an additional charge for lost/damaged passport of £25; thus the cost of passport application to replace a lost or damaged passport is £90(Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable)payable into the account below.
Passport Application Payments
The High Commission can no longer accept cash or cheques or postal orders for passport applications.
All persons applying for a passport should deposit the fee into the High Commission Consular account shown below and submit their documents with proof of payment enclosed.
Passport Fee - £65.00(Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable).
High Commission of Rwanda Consular Account
Account No: 23389012
Sort Code: 40-62-54
IBAN No: GB86GTBI40625423389012
Branch: GT Bank, 62 Margaret, London, W1W 8TF.
Applications must be submitted in person or by mail at the address below:
High Commission of Rwanda
120 - 122 Seymour Place, London, W1H 1NR
Please ensure you enclose proof of payment with your application.