Visa Information & Applications
The Consular office is open for visa applications and collections from Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 12.45pm.
How to apply for a Visa
Visa Exempt Countries
Below is the list of countries that DO NOT require entry visas to visit Rwanda. Please note that all must hold a valid passport for at least six months.
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Hong Kong
Please note that the Government of Rwanda has reviewed and updated its visa immigrtaion visa regulations as provided by the law. The new visa policy will take effect from 1st November 2014 as approved by the cabinet on 15th October 2014. For more information, please click here.
- Applicant must provide a valid passport for at least six months.
- Applicant must submit duly completed one (1) visa application form (pdf) in his/her own hand writing or in type. Click here to download a PDF Visa application form to submit to us via post
- Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
- Invitation letter with copy of ID or passport from host. If your host is non Rwandan, please note that you must additionally provide copy of their residence permit in Rwanda.
- For business visa, an invitation letter and/or proof of hotel accomodation are required.
- Proof of payment of £35(Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into High Commission Bank Account (please see futher details below)and £65 for East Africa Tourist Visa. Click here to download a PDF East Africa Tourist Visa Application for to submit via post
- For East Africa Tourist Visa, an application letter must be addressed to the issuing authority of the concerned country. Please note that the holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee.
- A stamped, self addressed and registered envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail.
- UK Travel Document (UN Convention of 1951) holders are requested to provide the above along with proofs of address in the form of a current bank statement or current utility bill.
- The visa process takes minimum of 3 days (4 days for Travel Documents) for a complete file.
- NOTE: Because of the increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application.
Visa Application Payments
The High Commission can no longer accept cash or cheques or postal orders for visa applications.
All persons applying for a visa should deposit the fee into the Commission Consular account shown below and submit their documents with proof of payment enclosed.
£35(Multiple entry for business, tourism, family and conference visit valid for 90 days).
£20(Single entry for business, tourism, transit and conference visit valid for 30 days).
£40(Multiple entry-V-1(m) valid for 90 days).
£65(Multiple entry for East Africa Tourist Visa[Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda]valid for 90 days).
Account name: High Commission of Rwanda Consular Account.
Account No: 23389012
Sort Code: 40-62-54
IBAN No: GB86GTBI40625423389012
Branch: GT Bank, 62 Margaret, London, W1W 8TF.
You may alternatively apply for a Visa online.
Click here to apply for a visa online
Please note that the online facility is managed by the Directorate General of Immigration & Emigration in Kigali-Rwanda. Thus, all queries for online visa applications should be addressed to the visa department in Kigali by phone on +250788899971 or by email: email@example.com. For further information, please go to www.migration.gov.rw.
Authorization/Powers of Attorney allowing someone to pick up a passport.
- Provide a notarized letter
- Provide a copy of I.D
- Proof of residential address