Visa Information & Applications
The Consular office is open for visa applications and collections from Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Applicant must provide a valid passport for at least six months.
- Applicant must submit duly completed one (1) visa application form (pdf) in his/her own hand writing or in type.
- Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
- An invitation letter and/or confirmation of hotel accomodation booking.
- Proof of payment (Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into High Commission Bank Account (see details below).
- A stamped/prepaid, registered and self addressed envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail. Alternatively, an applicant may arrange collection of their passport by a courier.
- UK Travel Document (UN Convention of 1951) holders are requested to provide the above along with proofs of address in the form of a current bank statement or current utility bill.
- The visa process takes 3 working days (4 working days for Travel Documents) for a complete file.
- NOTE: Because of the increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application.
Visa Exempt Countries
Below is the list of countries that DO NOT require visas to visit Rwanda. Please note that all must hold a valid passport for at least six months.
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Visa Application Payments
The High Commission can no longer accept cash, postal orders or cheques for visa applications.
All persons applying for a visa should pay/transfer online the fee into the Rwanda High Commission Consular account shown below and submit in person or post their documents with proof of payment enclosed.
Visa Fee - £35.00 (Multiple Entry valid for 3 months)
Visa Fee - £20.00 (Single Entry valid for 1 month)
Visa Fee - £40.00 (Multiple Entry -V-1(m)/Transit visa)
Visa Fee - £65.00 (Group Tourism, 6 to10 people travelling together that intend to enter and exit on same date)
Visa Fee - £65.00 ( East Africa Tourist Visa, Multiple Entry into Rwanda, Uganda and Kenya. Valid for 3 months)
Bank Account Details are given below;
Rwanda High Commission Consular Account
A/C No: 23389012
Sort Code: 40-62-54
SWIFT Code. GTBIGB2L
Address of the Bank: GT Bank, 62 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8TF
How to apply for a Visa
Option 1. Click here to download a PDF Visa application form to submit to the mission in person or via post and for East Africa Tourist Visa; EAST AFRICA TOURIST VISA APPLICATION FORM.pdf
Option 2. You can apply for a single entry visa online.
Click here to apply for a Visa online
(Please note that all enqueries about online visa applications should be addressed to the Directorate General of Immigration & Emigration in Kigali-Rwanda; www.migration.gov.rw)
Authorization allowing someone to pick up a passport:
- Provide a notarized letter.
- Provide a copy of I.D.
- Provide a proof of address.